Elected Officials

Anne Boehm
Macoupin County Treasurer


1. What is my parcel identification number (PIN)?

Your PIN number, or parcel identification identifies your particular piece of property. If you need this number, contact our office at 217-854-4014. You can give your name and property address and we can provide you with a PIN number.

2. I haven’t received my tax bill yet. When will I get it?

The tax bills were mailed May 31st, 2018. If you have not received your bill by June 15th, please contact our office.

3. What if I do not receive a bill?

If you do not receive a bill, it is your responsibility to contact our office to get a duplicate bill. Failure to receive a tax bill, or receiving one late for any reason, will not relieve the taxpayer from paying taxes or late payments.

4. What if I receive a bill that is not my responsibility to pay?

If a mortgage company is to pay your bill, you should forward the bill to them. If you no longer own the property and you know the name and address of the new owner/taxpayer, please forward the bill to them. The bill can also be returned to our office along with a note giving us any info that you may have regarding the name/address for the correct taxpayer. Upon receipt of the bill we will make every effort to get the bill to the correct taxpayer.

5. What do I do if I believe my tax bill is incorrect?

The County Collector (217) 854-4014 has information pertaining to the actual tax bill amount. The County Clerk (217) 854-3214) can answer questions about various tax rates and levies. Your local Township Assessor can explain how your assessment was determined and explain any assessment change from the previous year. The Supervisor of Assessments (217) 854-8281 can offer assistance relating to the filing of assessment complaints and the following exemptions: The Homeowners Occupancy Exemption, The Senior Citizens Homestead Exemption, The Senior Citizens Assessment Freeze Exemption, the Homestead Improvements Exemption, and the Disabled Veterans Exemption. Check your bill(s) to see if you have
been given credit for the exemptions that you’re entitled to; if not, contact the Supervisor of Assessments office (217) 854-8281.