Macoupin County Circuit Court Clerk
7th Judicial Circuit
201 East Main
P.O. Box 197
Carlinville, IL 62626-0197
Important Statement Regarding COVID-19
Please see the below links regarding Macoupin County Courts and COIVD-19 and also to what other Courthouses in the State are doing regarding COIVD-19. Thank you!2021
- LOCAL ADMINISTRATIVE ORDER NO. 2021- AO- 002
- LOCAL ADMINISTRATIVE ORDER NO. 2021- AO- 001
- LOCAL ADMINISTRATIVE ORDER NO. 2020- AO- 013
- LOCAL ADMINISTRATIVE ORDER NO. 2020- AO- 012
- LOCAL ADMINISTRATIVE ORDER NO. 2020- AO- 011
- LOCAL ADMINISTRATIVE ORDER NO. 2020- AO- 010
- LOCAL ADMINISTRATIVE ORDER NO. 2020- AO- 008
- LOCAL ADMINISTRATIVE ORDER NO. 2020- AO- 007
- LOCAL ADMINISTRATIVE ORDER NO. 2020- AO- 006
- LOCAL ADMINISTRATIVE ORDER NO. 2020- AO- 005
- LOCAL ADMINISTRATIVE ORDER NO. 2020- AO- 004
- LOCAL ADMINISTRATIVE ORDER NO. 2020- AO- 003
- LOCAL ADMINISTRATIVE ORDER NO. 2020- AO- 002
- LOCAL ADMINISTRATIVE ORDER NO. 2020- AO- 001
Illinois Courts - COVID-19 Information and Updates
Note: Governor's Executive Orders affect evictions in Illinois through December 12th
- - Governor Pritzker ordered a new moratorium on eviction cases through December 12th (Executive Order 2020-72)
- - A landlord may file eviction cases, unless tenants give them a written declaration that they should be protected by the COVID Moratorium because (1) fell behind in rent because of COVID, (2) expect to earn no more than $99,000 ($198,000 if joint return), (3) using best efforts to make timely partial payments, and (4) would become homeless or have to double-up if evicted. A landlord still may file an eviction case against a tenant who provides a written declaration if that person poses a direct threat.
- - It is illegal for a landlord to lock out a tenant without a court order.
- - For questions about evictions during this time, look for legal help in your area at illinoislegalaid.org.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) also ordered the Temporary Halt in Residential Eviction to Prevent the Further Spread of COVID-19 on September 4, 2020 and remains in effect through the end of 2020. For more information about the CDC Order, see Illinois Legal Aid Online's Housing, coronavirus, and the law blog (search for "CDC" on the page or scroll down).
ILLINOIS SUPREME COURT ISSUES TEMPORARY ORDER LIMITING IN-PERSON COURT APPEARANCES THROUGH CHANGE TO FEE WAIVERS AND SUMMONSES TO APPEAR
Please review the following links regarding the Illinois Supreme Court Issuing temporary order limiting in-person court appearance through change to fee waivers and summonses to appear
Illinois Standardized State Forms
- Macoupin County Circuit Court Forms
- The Illinois Supreme Court Commission on Access to Justice is excited to announce the launch of its website, www.atjil.org. This website contains helpful resources, guides, and legal information for self-represented litigants, and has a new and improved user-friendly interface.
The Circuit Clerk Office of Macoupin County is to provide for the
Public Court Bench, and Legal Bar (Attorneys) a means of managing the
receipt, maintenance and security of the court records, and all judicial
Circuit Clerk Office
TRAFFIC & CRIMINAL DIVISON - Ground Floor - Ext: 921
Traffic, Ordinance & Conservation Tickets, Misdemeanor & Criminal Cases.
PROBATE DIVISION - 1st Floor - Ext: 922
Child Support Payments, Small Claim, Probate, Juvenile, Adoption, & Family Cases.
GENERAL DIVISION - 1st Floor - Ext: 923
Divorce, Law Suit, Chancery (including Foreclosure) Misc. Remedy, & Tax