Supervisor of Assessments
(Other Than Farm Land and Farm Buildings)
1. Determine the fair market value for your property.
2. Determine the prevailing assessment level in your district.
3. Obtain the assessed valuation of your property.
4. Discuss the assessment with your assessor.
5. Determine the basis for your formal complaint.
6. File a written complaint with your Board of Review during the appropriate time period.
7. Present evidence of unfair assessment to the Board of Review at the hearing.
8. Appeal the Board of Review’s decision to the State Property Tax Appeal Board (in writing) in the event of an unsatisfactory decision by the Board of Review.